Sunday, October 31, 2010

Claire.

http://tkmovies.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/meryl_streep.jpg

I am an old lady with 2 kids 10&16. I was too busy having fun so I had my eggs and my husband spream frozen and there you are, I’m an old lady with 2 young kids. It’s not too bad being retired, driving my kids here and there in my cadallac!
My 16 year old is on the tennis team at his school. MY 10 year old is probably the most talanted tennis player in the family. He’s a hand full, he tells us we will be either dead or he won’t let us alone with his children (guess fear we will be too shakey and may drop those babies). We really feel guily that we won’t be able to watch those grand kids so my son and wife can escape for a week-end together, not!I play a bit of tennis but I’m really not good, maybe cuz I don’t move too fast. I could relate to how Federer must have felt at the AO.
I didn’t start really watching tennis til a few years ago. I was sick and stuck to the couch when my husband was watching Federer. My husband said watch how good this guy is. I really,really enjoyed watching the tournament and have been a fan ever since. My husband saw Federer years ago when he was playing in Houston. There was a long rain delay so Federer didn’t play til early in the morning, like 3a.m. I rolled over and said give my ticket to someone else! My hubby came home and said you have made one of the biggest mistakes in your life! MY husband and I agree the really big one was waiting a bit too long to have those kiddo’s; but it’s hard to regret thinking back on how much fun we had!
I’ve always gotten a kick out of Nadal! At the AO tournament in an interview he said some thing to the effect, I don’t know what it is about Australia but I take alot of afternoon naps here, if I lay down I’m out for a couple of hours. His facal expressions are great. I sometimes wish Nadal was my son, life would be easier just going to tournaments and just sitting and jelling.
Well have to go, another one of those dank doctor’s appointments!
Would love to hear from you all.
Not to hurt any of your feelings but would really like to hear Jenny’s story; she really knows her tennis – I’ve learned alot from her. Plus it sounds like Jenny lives in the U.K.; maybe the hubby and I can visit sometime!
One more thing about me – My real name is Danette, my Mom’s maiden name is Claire, love that name so thought I’d use it (don’t really like Danette)!
Also to figure out where we all are in life, my age is 49!
I’m obsessed (sp) with working on crocheting an afgan for my son but some how can stop a moment and look at this site )
My Fav Movie – Sound of Music
Fav color – yellow
One of Fav thing to do -have my husband all to myself for a week-end
Fav to do as a family – play doubles
Fav music – Frank Sinatra (grow up with hearing his voice, nice memories plus Frank and I share the same birthday) and Maroon 5 (my son and I sing to their music in the car)
Fav TV show _ LOST – do any of you watch that?
Fav thing ever – enjoy each and every day,laugh alot. I had a life threatening disease and realize how precious life is. I did have children later in life due to infertility problems so those boys are so precious to my husband and I.
Sorry if you guys thought my first post was so goofy.
Jenny, so you must have heard great things about the weather in Buffalo, like the blizzard of 1976! I spent some time in my basement – to get away from my family and ride my exercise bike.
People didn’t go out of their houses for days!
PS alot of the above is true, just added some stuff to make it more interesting ) :) i.e do have 2 boys, did get pregnant later in life (not as old as I lead you to believe), did miss seeing Federer in Houston ,do play some tennis, did grow up in Buffalo,N.Y., second thought would rather be Federer’s mom; wouldn’t act like Djerko’s mom – heck I’d take some money and go on a great vacation – forget about taking time to say stupid things. Now, I won’t take up more space, you turn!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire san, I want to say hi to you in this new home of ours. I hope you have a wonderful year end and enjoy all the year end tennis.

    ReplyDelete