Friday, October 29, 2010

For all toddlers wondering why I moved, here is the freaking scoop.

This is what happened:

Usually when you send a question to Wordpress support group, the reply comes back within minutes. Remember that as the drama unfolds. There was an image of France's map that I posted sometime ago. The owner of that photo, Wordpress claims, wants the image removed and until it's done they are disabling the 'post' function (for mentally challenged ones that means I cannot post). Sounds reasonable so far. When I came on, I did the needful and informed Wordpress so they could 'allow' me to resume posting.

Instead of the usual turn around time of minutes, the reply took about 16 hours - from Wordpress. That's like saying that we have you by the balls and since you have been posting for nearly four years and have built up the 'google' rank, you better take this as you have no freaking choice.

They probably didn't realize that I give a rat's ass about ANY rank ANYWHERE as this nonsense is not geared to attract a herd OR a foundation to make money. Sure Blogspot has those Google ad BS but that's another thing I give an even bigger rat's ass - and will work to eliminate ALL ads if at all possible.

I think Wordpress did a pretty decent job during my stay with them and that balances some of the BS this action of theirs evokes, but after this, even if I have to post through dial up through an abandoned, obscure blogging platform, I would opt for it in a second. You don't compromise on certain issues. It's done and OVER.

Looking forward, it appears Blogspot will be missing some of the features we have been used to, but so be it. I am happy to pay ANY price and be glad for it.

21 comments:

  1. Thank you, TP. I respect your decision. Thank you so much for for all your hard work, dedication on our behalf, for our beautiful game and it's players.

    I must admit to loving the old Wordpress site, it was unique, I will miss it but this can be successful too. Are you able, at this point, to tell us what features will be missing?

    Okay dear Planeteers, let's stick together, embrace and face the challenges ahead and make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love an iconoclast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't improve on what the ladies above me have said. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the explan TP, helps to understand why things change. But important to keep in mind, "With Change Comes Opportunity".

    Well done for stickin' it to those folks at Wordpress, maybe next time they will have a bit more consideration for their VIP's.

    Personally, I am thrilled at the move, as it will allow for me to now visit you during work hours whenever I get the chance, as the wordpress site had been getting Security Blockage, but not Blogspot (yet)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a reasonable person, so I am quite sure you wouldn't make a move like this just for the sake of it.Let's take a step at a time.You can't go wrong with a clever bunch like us! :lol:
    just checking whether my smiley works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your explanation TP. Remember, we didn't rabidly visit Wordpress daily for their neat functionalities...it's the content we were after. And as long as you keep it coming, we'll be fine.
    Good to hear your stance on the ads too. I started to get worried when I first saw the Google ads on the Wordpress site, thought you may be compromising content just to climb the Google ranks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sir Vibhudi Aatmapudi sr. the 3rdOctober 30, 2010 at 7:35 AM

    TP, you are the Howard Roark of internet tennis

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL You're still Sir V to me! I trust we're going to get more great witty posts as before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, TP for making a site for us to visit. I'm sorry for all the angst you must have to go through to maintain it. It sounds like you made a good move to blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, TP - love what you've done with the place already.

    Do you also renovate outside of cyberspace? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't understand any of this stuff....am old and pretty much computer illiterate, but I can follow the move so I am happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. TP sama I read your explanation very carefully and I am sorry that a photo of France could cost so much problem for you!! I do not understand everything but I agree with my other friends here that you must have a good reason to do that. I am sorry they made you so angry. If we could have helped I am sure we would beat them up in the back alley for you karake chop chop or ... Yes it is good to change. I am getting a little bit violent in my mind. ( just kidding) Thank you for working hard for all of us, yesterday 9 mailboxes were activated now down to M san. Well done TP sama.

    PS please do not forget to move all you GOATs and other residents. (Just in case you forget for you are too busy, dooitashimashite you are welcome)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right then. Got the answer TP. Thanks for the explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheers for the explanation TP and to echo others thanks for all the hard work, not sure we tell you enough how much we appreciate it. Frankly I don't know how you manage it all, my admiration knows no bounds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well said, TP. This post is a perfect example of why we love this site, wherever it's hosted.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Elegantly stated, Serran!
    And oh! -- speaking of which, did you get the last reply I left you on one of TP's last posts? Just a couple days ago.

    I hope you're enjoying yourself in London! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. then let it be be 4 years years in blogspot.

    so that means i can remove the other site from my bookmarks?

    i have to admit its somewhat painful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do you post without having your name come up as a link?

    ReplyDelete
  19. M, I answered in your mailbox, but for some reason it's not showing... maybe we have moderation again? :(

    You can check it out in the old site too.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete